From the journals of John Wesley:
- Sunday a.m., May 5 – Preached in St. Ann’s; was asked not to come back any more.
- Sunday p.m., May 5 – Preached at St. John’s; deacons said, ‘Get out and stay out.’
- Sunday a.m., May 12 – Preached at St. Jude’s; can’t go back there either.
- Sunday p.m., May 12 – Preached at St. George’s; kicked out again.
- Sunday a.m., May 19 – Preached at St. Somebody Else’s; deacons called a special meeting and said I couldn’t return.
- Sunday p.m., May 19 – Preached on the street; kicked off the street.
- Sunday a.m., May 26 – Preached out in a meadow; chased out of meadow when a bull was turned loose during the service.
- Sunday a.m., June 2 – Preached out at the edge of town; kicked off the highway.
- Sunday p.m., June 2 – Afternoon service, preached in pasture; 10,000 people came.
– John Wesley –